Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore Problem

• Please log in to reply

knowledge24

knowledge24

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I installed a program today (iPod mini installer), but decided I didn’t want it.

I also wanted to undo several minor changes.

I tried system restore to last Sunday, but I received a message saying it was unable to restore.

I created a new restore point called TEST and was able to successfully restore to that point.

Why can't I/how do I go back to my previous restore points?

I’m running XP SP2.

Edited by knowledge24, 18 April 2007 - 02:49 PM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
First of all System restore will not remove any Programs at all. System restore deals more with the regestry and configuration.

You system restore is working. Due to you were able to create a restore point and revert back to it.

What are the Minor changes that you want to change.

knowledge24

knowledge24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I just wanted to revert to how my system was last week (I'm a bit picky like that). Now that I've noticed this issue with system restore, I really would like to resolve it.

Will I be able to restore to that point at all? Should I flush out my old restore points?

Thanks for the help.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Unfortenly there are time when System restore is not able to restore to a point do to verrious reasons. The system restore feature itself is working you are able to create and revert back to a restore to a point.