Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Video on startup

• Please log in to reply

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I have had this problem in the past but it had usually fixed itself. I start up and everything seems to go fine but I get no video. I recently put a stick of RAM in a new build that was getting a RAM beep code error. It turned out to be system fan failure beep followed by successful startup beep. Anyways removing the RAM meant reseating my graphics card. After I put the parts back in my computer is when I have this problem. Since I have tried w/o the graphics card. It worked the first time but not any time after that.

I have tried a few things such as changing the slots that the memory was in, reseating the graphics card a few more times, and changing PCI-E connectors.

I'm going now to try a CMOS clear. Any suggestions if that doesn't work?

Specs:

Intel MOBO 945GZ chipset
Pentium 4 3.8ghz
BFG Nvidia 7800 GT OC
Antec 550w TruePower Trio
Maxtor 300gb HDD

Edited by Titan8990, 18 April 2007 - 05:34 PM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
CMOS clear didn't work. I'm going home now to try and remount the CPU cooler. Just giving an update.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
i want your cpu and gpu :whistling:, have you tried a single different ram?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Thank you Anthony. I didn't see this in time but you were correct. Somehow I managed to damage a stick. There was no sign of physical damage on the stick but thats what I get for going with the cheap stuff.

And, no you don't want my CPU.

Edited by Titan8990, 26 April 2007 - 02:42 PM.