Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Purchasing a new heatsink

• Please log in to reply

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
It is easier but the cheap ones, well their cheap and they don't water cool as good. As of what warriorscot said, I have to agree the only parts that are metal should be the heatsinks and the copper radiator pipes. My dad is really good with, umm basically everything as he is a handyman, he explained to me that when the pressure of the water is reduced the water gets colder, therefore if you get thinner pipes and make more wave like patters, then add an adapter to the end to change it back 1/2" then you just made yourself a very good radiator, not to mention if you add fans, even better.

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 23 April 2007 - 06:12 PM.

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
idk, some homemade watercooling blocks work pretty good
http://www.overclock...om/articles165/

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its not the effectiveness that's the problem its the reliability its the most likely place for a leak to occur in any system and a home made water block only increases that possibility, also the metal purity and finish is different making it a less effective conductor of heat.