Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

call of duty 2 and sonic DLA

• Please log in to reply

iamham

iamham

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi im new & i got this game about 40 days ago-
at first i tried loading it, but windows defender didnt allow, so i uninstalled defender (dont worry i still have mcafee)
ok so defender is uninstalled but now this time, when i load, it loads the first disk (there's 6) but the second one it pops up with the error message "your version of sonic DLA is unable to write this disk" and some other stuff
then that popup is joined by another error message stating that it was unable to read and copy the files from the disk and basically freezes my cd drive.

can u help?

Advertisements

iamham

iamham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
oh and i forgot to tell- the game is call of duty 2 and my graphics card i think is raedon 300 or somethin

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Did you buy a retail copy of this CD from the store?

Are you trying to burn it or something?

iamham

iamham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
now way man im just trying to load, but it says the version of sonic DLA or whatever it is cant read, so i am prompted to abort the setup

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello iamham and welcome to G2G!

Uninstall Sonic DLA.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 19 April 2007 - 08:50 AM.

iamham

iamham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
will that not allow me to burn cd's?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
You should still be able to burn CDs with the rest of the Sonic burning software. Sonic DLA means direct letter access, it allows you to click and drag things on to CD and then burn it without opening your Sonic software. Windows XP comes with this anyway.

iamham

iamham

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks!