Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

reformatting

• Please log in to reply

khoiitq

khoiitq

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a sony vaio pcg 9L1L(pcg frv37) and i dont know how to reformat it. my dvd rom is not working, i tried to boot from an external dvd rom but that didnt work. also i dont know what button to press to go to the reformating screen(i tried all the f button but it didnt work) the laptop work fine before but for some reason it doesnt even boot up now. it just have a black screen with a blinking _(underscore) on all the time. any help is greatly appreciated. o and i forgot to mention that its a laptop.

Edited by khoiitq, 19 April 2007 - 03:06 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Press the power button and start tapping F8 until you get options, choose safe mode, then select the administrator account