Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot get to email messages

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
My son is being deployed overseas and my 8yo granddaughter gets a message that there is no dialtone (live in mountains without dsl or cable). The whole purpose of her having the lap top is to communicate with Daddy. I would like to help her as the provider has been worthless in doing so.
Can you suggest some easy to understand tips that I might pass on to her?
Oh, this is not a security matter that she is unable to see her Daddy's messages. She cannot access any of our emails to her and her little sister.
I have tried any of the assistance that I remember that you have given me in the past but we haven't gotten anywhere.
AND she is quite bright and understands any instructions.

Thank you for any assistance you can give us.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I suggest you try re-installing the dial-up software which your ISP provided, after checking with a telephone that there is actually a dial-tone.

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
There absolutely is a dialtone.
Her mother also uses the computer (?) and is able to access her messages but the 8 yo goes to her acct. and it states there is no dialtone. I was thinking there might be some settings that were incorrectly checked for her set-up ???.
It is getting too frustrating. Daddy is not here and he could have it fixed in nothing flat.