Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Default Font Folder damaged

• Please log in to reply

AskHawkins

AskHawkins

• Pip
  • 7 posts
The font on my hard drive looks like symbols or programming characters. You can equate this to the wingding fonts, but more of a computerish look. So I have a backup drive I use (/:E) and it was also screwed up. Ok I've gotten no help with the virus issue the last 2 days, so my persistence seems to have gotten rid of it myself.

This however is driving me nuts. I found my font folder, and it's empty. I tried to install a free font I got off Microsoft. It will install, but when I back off the folder, and reopen it, it's missing again, yet the E Drive has the font now and I can read everything. ONCE AGAIN, when I reboot the computer, all is back to screwed up again, including the E Drive.

Anyone have any idea how to get the font on my computer back to English please?

Advertisements