Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need help on restoring from a partition.

• Please log in to reply

Ekard

Ekard

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm trying to do a restore w/backup to factory install by using the pc angel software by pressing f11 at startup on my emachines t6520 with windows xp media edition 2005 OS. When I press f11 and it starts I get a Stop: c0000218 {registry file failure} the registry cannot load the hive (file) \systemroot\system32\config\security or it's log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent or not writable. I have downloaded a copy of an OEM version of media edition 2002 and burned it to disk to use to access the recovery console and did a repair install and have done that but I would like to do a restore from the partition. I don't have any cd's from emachines to do a full image reformat. Is the file on my windows C: drive corrupt or is it the file on my recovery partition I: that is corrupt? What can I do ,help?

Advertisements