Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

TypH

TypH

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey There Everyone

Have a Question For All You Geeks Out There.
Is It In Fact Possible To Run Multiple Outlook Clients From The Same Computer Running Different Exchange servers And/or Accounts?????

Please Respond Since It is Very Critical For Me at my Work

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what? do you mean like have multiple people at the same time using one instance of outlook on one machine? or do you mean having multiple users on one machine with different mail setups in outlook?

describe EXACTLY what you're trying to do with as much detail as possible

TypH

TypH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
At my work Im runnig outlook 2003
When you open Outlook theres a pop up bos where u select Wich account you want to use for instance

Home - Running at one Exchange server
Work - Running at Another Exchange server

i want to Run Those to accounts From the Same computer At the same time Without having to close down outlook and star it up again to choose one or another account

i hope thats detailed enough for you

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
AH....not gonna happen...outlook can only connect to one exchange server at a time...you can have multiple POP or SMTP accounts and webmail accounts...but you can only have one active exchange account at any given time

TypH

TypH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was thinking running to clients that each connect to its own exchange server...??

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you can't run two instances of outlook with different profiles at the same time....if you try to open outlook twice...it just opens it once...i don't know about different clients though....such as thunderbird...to my knowledge the only outlook can connect to exchange in it's native configuration

TypH

TypH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
There must be a way to open to clients just like with MSG plus you can run several MSG from your computer.

But Anyway thanks for the fast replies and your time much appreciated.