Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Ghost 10 error target disk full

• Please log in to reply

megapax

megapax

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Norton ghost 10 came installed on my dell computer. It was functioning fine until a few weeks ago. I get the following error message after every attempt to back up my computer:

Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Complete System Backup. Error EA390719: Target disk full. Error EA390719: Target disk full.
Details: 0xEBAB0005

I have tried to use the optimize disk space function. After this did not help, I manually deleted all but the first and last points which freed up over half the disk. I still get the error message. I read in another post that defragging, which I have done, can create space issues.
http://www.geekstogo...hl=norton ghost
I didn't quite understand the solution offered in the response.
I would appreciate any suggestions to get this program functioning properly again.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Target disk could have errors or bad sectors on it.