Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Google/Gmail problem...

• Please log in to reply

Zanshin

Zanshin

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hello you wonderful people on here...always willing to help the numbnuts of the world like me when we can't fathom out our problems.
Good lady wife/partner/mate/best friend is running windows Xp SP2, Norton System Works...I know, I have told her to ditch it.....she has two or three friends who have google.com email adresses and Outlook Express (or Norton) auto-deletes them as soon as they come to the inbox. I have scoured Norton and also O/Express files, drop down menus etc for hours but cannot find anywhere to "allow" or treat as friendly incoming mail.
Norton S/Wks doesn't have an anti spam filter which I thought might be the problem in blocking google.com adresses.
Any help or advice, as always very much appreciated.
Zanshin.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Do you mean gmail.com?
Johanna

Zanshin

Zanshin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi Johanna,
the problem appears to be with @google.com adresses (I thought that google.com and gmail were the same-obviously not) both sending and recieving. My good lady needs to email Google at times and so obviously recieve replies.....they are not recieving ours and as soon as a one of theirs hits Outlook Express Inbox it gets auto-deleted.
Wife has about five different email adresses for business which are all set to be recieved by O/Express, I have also opened a Gmail account for her to see if Google's own mail system will send and recieve without problem temporarily but alas....as Gmail is a 'free for all' account, that does not work either as Google specify a 'paid' type email account for business dealings with them.
I presume this is error message significant but don't know how to go about correcting the error.

Original Message ----- From: "Mail Delivery System" <MAILER-DAEMON@orange.fr>
To: <*****@wanadoo.fr>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 11:02 AM
Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the SMTP Server program at host orange.fr.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The SMTP Server program

<******@google.com>: host smtp2.google.com[64.233.167.25] said: 553 5.5.3
<******@google.com>... Invalid (in reply to RCPT TO command)

I have starred out the actual email names for privacy reasons.

Our server is orange/wanadoo.fr as obviously, we live in France.
Going round in circles here trying to figure it out so many thanks if you can help.
Adrian.

Edited by Zanshin, 23 April 2007 - 01:58 AM.

beethoven

beethoven

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Are you completely sure this is a google.com address? I've never heard of one. Try changing the ending to either gmail.com or googlemail.com, both of which I know exist.

Zanshin

Zanshin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi Beethoven,
it was indeed an @google.com adress.
I thought I had been abandoned on here or that nobody replied (except Johana) because it was such a simple thing to get past, but never mind and thank you for you input, it is now resolved (after seeking help elswhere and process of elimination)....turned out to be the infamous Norton Spam Blocker, which I can't even find in the computer, so it is now turned off.
Appreciated,
Zanshin.