Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

email stored on "my computer"

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Because i am taking care of a few family members/ personal business online, i have a tremendous number of emails that i must keep. I have been storing them in folders with their names on them in the "Stored on my computer" section.
Is there a way that i can keep and thus access them if necessary but do it with some sort of compression or minimizing?

I don't even know if this is a possibility. I have tried doing searches about this and haven't been at all successful.

Hope you can help.
:whistling:

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi headwayne.

What email client do you use? Outlook Express has a "Compress" feature and Microsoft Outlook has a "Compact" feature, which I think do basically the same thing - minimize the size of your personal folders.

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Can you give me a clue to where i might find this? I thought this was surely the case but haven't located it.
I use MSN and it says MSN Explorer on the top of the page when i am signed in. But i have seen Outlook Express when i am doing a disk cleanup.