Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet connection stuck at sign on

• Please log in to reply

krisgiles

krisgiles

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running WMconnect (i believe it is an older or more scaled down version of AOL) anyway, I have used it for years without problem then yesturday it started getting stuck at the 'talking to network' part of the sign on. it doesnt freeze, it just keeps trying to connect to the network. I also use a LAN connection at school, and it has started acting up as well. I know I'm connected because it says I am when I plug in, but when I open a page in IE or firefox it says i'm offline. I've ran through all my virus programs and avg showed that I had one virus, desktop.exe. I deleted it, but I still can't get online, so I'm thinking it is something else entirely. I reinstalled wmconnect but that didn't help either, now it still stops at 'talking to network' when i am in the setup and now I cannot even get my local access numbers. I contacted wmconnect support, but they didnt tell me anything that i didn't already try.

Thanks in advance,
kris giles

Advertisements

krisgiles

krisgiles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Also, I noticed when this happens my dial-up connection disappears from my network folder. And there is no network connection listed under my internet options. Can anyone help? I've tried unistalling my network adapter but that didn't do anything either.

Thanks
Kris Giles