Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to customize menu on a DivX disc

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Recently I bought a DivX capable DVD player which enables me to play AVIs (and few other video formats such as .wmv though there's audio sync issues) straight off a data DVD. I've since burned a few data DVDs with 5 or 6 AVIs on each of them.

I'm not very happy with the design/look of the native menu system therefore I'm currently seeking a program that specializes in burning avi divX discs and allow users to customize the look of the menu.

Also the player displays the subtitles in a very small/ugly font so if the same app could customize the way how subtitles are displayed that would be a bonus.

I can always use another program to convert other video formats to AVIs but it'd be better if the same app would have a built in encoding system that would eliminate any alien formats before burning all the AVIs to a disc too.

Asking for too much? Maybe...

I read up on some of the programs already but haven't had any luck. The closet thing could be Roxio Easy Media Creator but I do NOT wish to get something that huge and never use the rest of the features.

And I am NOT looking for any app such as ConvertXtoDVD as I don't need any converting done now as long as the videos are in AVI format.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Chinofeliz

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Nerovision (part of the Nero Suite) may be what you need. http://www.nero.com

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Could I buy Nero Vision 4 as a standalone product or does it have to come with Nero 7 Premium? Cos from what I've heard Nero 7 Premium is huge on the system. Not that I haven't got enough disk space is just that I've also trialed Nero 7 before and it's got all these annoying new features such as that Nero scot thing that's hard to get rid of. I'm loyally sticking to Nero 6.6. To me, Nero 7 is as sinful as Roxio Easy Media Creator lol.

Thanks for the info though, really appreciate it. Any other options? :whistling: Cheers

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
you could check out the Ulead products.

http://www.ulead.com/dmf/runme.htm