Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue screen of Death

• Please log in to reply

favero

favero

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi:

Can someone help me with my PC which from time to time crashes to that awful blue screen, with indecipherable code. To save time I've outlined the tech' info:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBFBA536F, 0xA2238774, 0X00000000)

nv4_disp.dll - Address BFBA536F base at BF9D5000, Datestamp 453bdc7a

If you need it I run windows XP with an ASUS A8N-sli board and 7950GT GPU. I hope someone can help as this is driving me up the wall, ever since I bulit my computer last year. At one point I re-installed windows onto some new SATA drives and the problem still persists.

Cheers in advance.

Fav.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
thats a nvidia module associated with nivdia compatible windows 2000 display driver that would be version 66.93 from nivdia corp. get those off their website save them uninstall your drivers an reload them see if that helps :whistling:

Edited by krmooo, 21 April 2007 - 07:28 AM.

favero

favero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Don't suppose you can clarify exactly what you mean, as I'm not too PC savy.

Fav.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
This error can be caused by bad RAM, too small of a (or el cheapo) power supply, Bios settings and an incompatible version of NVIDIA drivers.

Test your memory by downloading and running Memtest86+ V1.70

What power supply does you system have and what are it's specs.

Try disabling Fast Write in the Bios.

The nv4_disp.dll error is usually caused by a driver problem. Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.

Once that's done, install the following drivers making sure that you follow the installation hints:

http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_84.21.html

http://www.nvidia.co...tion_hints.html

favero

favero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I did that memory test but it was taking hours to do and then i think it froze. It reported on 94 errors on pass no. 5 I think. My PSU is an Akasa Uquiet 460w.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I would suspect the memory is bad. If multiple sticks check one ata a time to see if it's just one that is bad.

That power supply is supposed to be decent.

favero

favero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have got 2 1Gb ram sticks from Geil.