Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing MB on Dell Dimension 4550

• Please log in to reply

jimeuf

jimeuf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a dell dimension 4550 with a e210882 motherboard that is fried I want to upgrade to a pc chips p23g. I have a new cpu, ram and HD, my problem is the connectors for the front panel. Dell uses a dedicated plug connector and the pc chips uses a regular pin array. The dell board is not labeled as to what pin is for what item so I need to know how to go about getting the right pin to the right wire. Also the dell seems to use a single pin connection and the pc chips uses a dual pin set up. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
My suggestion is scour the Dell website for your model, they do supply some pinout information on some of their boards. Also put into Google

board part# +filetype:pdf

and you may run across a manual for it. I've found many manuals for custom boards that way.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Some searching I did states the pin out is silk screened on the board, and it is difficult to see.
Didn't find a manual yet though.

HERE is a string of emails on the board. maybe something will work if you check the links.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I worse comes to worst just trace the wiring to the front panel to see what goes to what. It should be color coded so you can write it all down and maybe make some kind of adapter.