Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Acer 19" wide screen problems

• Please log in to reply

Cokeybill

Cokeybill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an acer 19" widescreen monitor and the pics look stretched on my screen compared to a regular monitor, is there ant way to change the settings so I may look at the pics in a normal way?
Thanks Bill

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Check your resolution setting in "Display Properties". (Right-click a blank area of the Desktop and select "Properties"). If you can't find a satisfactory setting supporting the correct aspect ratio of your monitor, you may have to change the graphics card for one that does. If the monitor is LCD type, bear in mind it's manufactured to work optimally at the resolution stated in it's documentation. Straying from this setting will lead to image impairment.

It's also possible that the monitor hardware controls themselves may need adjusting for height and width. There's usually a series of buttons on the monitor coupled with an on-screen menu.

Edited by pip22, 22 April 2007 - 11:53 AM.