Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Can't Find Server at mya.godaddy/idp.godaddy.com

• Please log in to reply

Renie64

Renie64

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've been trying to log into my GoDaddy account for
the past day now, and I can't access it. It seems like
their accounts use the subdomain: idp.godaddy.com

When I go to godaddy.com, and enter my log in info, it
just times out and says "The server at idp.godaddy.com
is taking too long to respond."

I tried contacting support, but the response I go was
automated, and totally irrelevent. I was wondering if
anyone could confirm that the site is not working (the
Login part). I need to renew my domain name and make
some sub-domains, and I can't log in to my account!

COPY OF ERROR MESSAGES FOLLOW:
Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at mya.godaddy.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check
your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a
firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at idp.godaddy.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check
your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a
firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I think I've tried everything possible for the last three weeks.
Please give me some ideas or advice on how to resolve these
issues.
Thank You Very Much

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
https://idp.godaddy....D...fault.aspx

The above URL gets me to the log-in page using Opera or IE6 (I don't use Firefox).

If I enter false details and click "logon", I get the expected "There is no account with that information" error (of course). There's no time-out error or server error.

I can't confirm a successful login though, since I don't have an account with them. But as far as I'm able to tell it seems fine to me. The only difference is I didn't use Firefox so you may want to try IE or Opera.

Edited by pip22, 22 April 2007 - 12:20 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There's nothing wrong with this page in Firefox 2.0.0.3.
I suggest the original poster tries with Internet Explorer in case there is an issue with their Firefox.

Renie64

Renie64

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks very much for your replies.
I have also been in touch with the Tech Dept at GD and they too can get on, but can't help me. Nor can my ISP Broadband ATT Tech find a solution.
Unfortunately, I have also tried Opera and IE, but to no avail. Even lighted up on my security/firewall settings, browser add ons and reviewed any sites that might be blocked on my browser. I've also run AntiVir, Adaware, Spybot, Windows Defender, Norton Security Scan and Spyware Doctor. Nothing seems to get it. Could there be anything deep down in the settings of my ISP that would prevent me from getting onto those sites?
Thanks for your time in looking into this for me.
We're having a beautiful day here in Virginia Beach, Hope ya'll are doing the same.
Renie64

Renie64

Renie64

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
EUREKA!!! I Finally Got IT..... The solution to this rubick cube quandry was "just" a matter of changing the DNS Addresses Numbers.

Thank You All Kind Folks For Weighing In On The Matter..

Renie
Va Beach

Xerrex

Xerrex

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How do I do that? I am having the same problem with godaddy. I have everything set to Automatic in Vista :S

Renie64

Renie64

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I got my DNS Address settings for att.net : http://www.wurd.com/settings.php

After trying several settings it fell into place.

You might have to go to your ISP for similar settings.

Best of Luck

Renie
Va Beach

agent1

agent1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Can you elaborate on the solution... I am having the same problem (can log on to godaddy.com... but can't access my acct.). I have tried IE7 (and IE6) as well as FireFox. Also tried all the antivirus/spyware tools... and checked my host files. My ISP is Comcast. Here's the kicker... I can login to acct using computer in the next room which is on the same network. Any help appreciated... Cheers!

Renie64

Renie64

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Try going to your ISP and asking for alternate DNS address numbers. Ask them how to install. Or, you might try Googleing Comcast DNS Numbers for a possible solution.
Good Luck
Renie

agent1

agent1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for reply. My solution was a little different... but you pointed me in the right direction. After some research, I changed my wireless network settings, and problem solved. For those with similar problem... here's the cure:

Right click: My Network Places>>>Click: Wireless Network Connection>>>Click: Properties.
Under 'General" tab, highlight 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and click Properties.
Make sure 'Obtain IP Address Automatically' and 'Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically' are selected.

That should do the trick.

av104

av104

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It is very odd. I have the same problem. I spoke with tech support at godaddy.com yesterday and they told me that idp.godaddy.com is not their page and that I have a spyware on my computer which is highjacking the page. Since then I have spent several hours trying to detect spyware/malware without any luck. I even purchased Kaspersky 6.0 Internet Security Suite without any luck. Why does godaddy support think that it is a case of highjacking? Another weird thing is that I can access the site using my laptop with wireless connection to my router and desktop. I am unable to connect using desktop on the same network?

agent1

agent1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
That is precisely the problem I had ... except backwards. I could login to acct. w/desktop in the next room... but not laptop (w/wireless) on the very same network. I too suspected spyware/browser hijack on machine... and ran 4 programs with no luck. The solution I mentioned above proved effective. I suspect the CSR @ GD just isn't trained well enough (no offense GD!) to advise you regarding this problem. I mentioned the "idp" sub domain to the CSR @ GD when I had him on the phone... and he seemed for the most part indifferent regarding it. Ask two people the same question... you will likely always get two different answers. Considering the size of the company/website that GD is, I would suspect they have plenty of redirects and/or subdomains that even their employees aren't aware of... but then again... what do I know :-)