Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Graphic card or motherboard problem?

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Hi to all who reads this,

I just installed Warcraft 3 recently and began playing Dota as I got sick of C&C Renegade. Also, the day before yesterday, i left it on for at least 24 hours. These are what I suspect to be the cause of the problem we're about to tackle that may help us.

Today, everything seems normal when I press the power button to start my computer. Until I switch on the screen. Nothing appears on my LCD monitor! It's stand-by light (green led light) keeps blinking. Thing is, I can hear my computer running. But nothing appears on my screen. I randomly checked the mouse for no apparent reason but the optical mouse I'm using isn't showing any light. (that red colored light beneath the mouse) I switched off my computer and tried to fit every wire into the back of my pc properly, including the insides. Then switch it on again. This time, the screen goes on to the page where it normally loads up. Showing the MSI logo & the Intel Inside logo and stuff. But it stays there for some time. So I left it to run for awhile thinking it would work. But it stayed there for like half an hour on the same page. Finally, I gave in my last try before giving up. Restarting the computer. It still doesn't work.

If this is a graphic card problem. I just changed it not long ago, around a month or so. The previous one had this problem; it's fan got jam and stopped running. Soon things start to burn up. The second one, which is the one I'm using now doesn't use a fan cooling system. It has these sharp metalic silver stuff on it. I forgotten what it's called. Haha. I'm a using a Raedon currently by the way.

If it's a motherboard problem. How do I know? Or do I have to bring my whole PC down to the 'computer shop' to fix it?

Advertisements