Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

have movie on Laptop hard drive and trying watching it on TV

• Please log in to reply

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I have a HP Pavillion dv9000us. I would like to play movies from my laptop hard drive to my SONY Bravia KDL-462500. This is a LCD Digital color TV. It has all sorts of connections including PC IN. It uses a HD15-HD15 cable (which we have).

Have tried hooking it up with this cable. Also tried using a S-Video cable. No input at all.

Do I need a software program or something to do this?

Any info greatly appreciated

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You need to go into "Display Properties" on the laptop and set up primary (laptop) and secondary (TV) displays. Right-click a blank area of the Desktop and select "Properties" from the context menu. Under settings->advanced there should be a configuration box for using an external display device. Obviously when you've done this you will have to play the movie on your laptop (with Windows Media Player or similar) in order for it to appear on the TV.

Edited by pip22, 23 April 2007 - 02:06 AM.