Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Icons dont have transparent backgrounds since series of crashes

• Please log in to reply

whiskeysour

whiskeysour

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So my problem is, earlier this week I had virtumonde, wich after relentless attacking and a some help from the forum, I got rid of. In the process though I must deleted countless .dll's possibly all of them weren't bad. As well there were countless forced shutdowns and fatal errors, which resulted in a few things. All my user setting for Firefox were lost, all bookmarks, links etc...
And my Icons don't have transparent backgrounds anymore, I know there are more pressing issues out there, but I just cant stand it , it looks
hideous.
I know what your thinking just go into ControlPanel > System > Advanced > Settings > Performance options , and Check "use drop shadows for labels on desktop"

Well its checked, its always been checked, and yet I still icons with blocky backgrounds around them. :whistling:

Any help, or tips, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ahead of time.

Advertisements