Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows updates

• Please log in to reply

yybbaa

yybbaa

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have automatic updates from Windows. Update KB931784 has been installed since April 11...yet the icon to download and install this same update keeps appearing over and over...at least 30 times or more. In my list of programs, it is listed. No new updates have been sent to me since April 11...other than this one . I have deleted temp programs, ran adaware, antivirus, and pest patrol. I have downloaded and installed this same program and restarted my computer, yet there is the yellow icon again.
Any thoughts? suggestions? All will be appreciated.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
The way I deal with it is first to let the computer download the update. Now you have to choose manual installation. A list of the downloaded updates will show up and you can choose which update you do not want to be installed. Choose the problematic one and continue. you will be notified that if you choose not to install the update you won't be able to do this in the future. No problem, you won't miss much. Confirm and let the process finish.