Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobile Rack

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I don't want to dual boot xp and vista. I want to buy two mobile racks and have a HD for each, one with vista and the other with XP. I can shut down my tower and pull the drive out of the rack I don't want to boot to. What do you think. Bruce

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Didn't we answer this here?
http://www.geekstogo...a...&pid=953434

In any case, if you don't want to dual-boot XP and Vista, what do you think swapping hard drives effectively is? Its a clumsy ineffective way of dual-booting.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I guess it might be clumsy but they are not on the same drive.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you get one of those swappable drive bays...then you'd be able to do exactly what you're wanting to do...it may be slightly clumsy...but it would be effective for keeping the systems on s eperate drives...you wouldn't have to worry about vista's boot loader interfearing with XP and you'd still get to use both OS/s....i mean...if you want to switch between vista and XP...you've got to restart the computer anyway...doesn't really add much to just pop in a diff drive while you're restarting