Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to restore an pjzr.exe file

• Please log in to reply

sarahsue

sarahsue

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my virus detection software said I had a swen 32 virus in a C:windows\pjzr.exe file and recommended I delete it. I was hesitant but it was late and I was tired (and dumb) and did so. Now I cannot open any programs - and on another computer have searched for the pjzr.exe file and can find it nowhere. I understand it is an application file. Can anyone help me? My computer is virtually dead without it.
Thanks beforehand,
Sarahsue

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
i dont think that file is needed to open programs. it's not a valid microsoft program. perhaps you have a leeched file somewhere.

When you try to open a program, is there an error, or does it not show up at all?

also, try this free online scan http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

sarahsue

sarahsue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
A box pops up stating 'program not found'. And goes on to say, "Windows cannot find pjzr.exe. This program is needed for opening files of type 'Application'."
This occurs no matter which program I attempt to access.
Hope this is helpful.
Sarahsue

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
alright you will need to go to the following link

http://securityrespo....swen.a@mm.html

scroll down to the bottom where it says W32.Swen.A@mm has already been quarantined or deleted.. it will be towards the end of the page. that should fix your problem.

if not let me know or if you have any questions. good luck!

ditto