Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call of Duty 2 SP lag

• Please log in to reply

coxmaster

coxmaster

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Alright, im definately not the average PC User. I just got CoD2 recently and installed all the patches. Ive got the settings exactly the same in Single player and multiplayer. In Multiplayer i get like 55 FPS usually, whereas im lucky to get more than 5 in single player. Multiplayer version is 1.3 while the Single player is still 1.2. Is there a seperate patch for single player? If not what can i do to try to get some playable FPS? Thanks for the help. If you need more just ask!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
what are your system specs?

Are you trying to run in dx9 or dx7 mode? High or low graphics settings?

coxmaster

coxmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Ive tried it on DX7 and DX9. Lowest settings and every other possibility.

2.2 Processor
GeForce Fx5200 256 Mb
768 RAM

The specs meet the minimum for sure

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
I recommend a video card upgrade. see if you can find an nvidia 6600 or 6800 or even an ati x800 series video card. That is going to be the only way to improve your performance.

coxmaster

coxmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Alright, ive been thinking about it. But i cant understand why i get about 60 FPS online, but when i play offline it is terrible.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
because server owners have tweaked the amount of smoke, and other effects so that they are not so hard on peoples system. These can not be adjusted in single player mode. Even in low detail, dx7 graphics there are some things that are to much for a lower end system to process.

coxmaster

coxmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Alright, thanks for the help starjax. 1 question, are there any Standard PCI cards which are actually worth while anymore?

coxmaster

coxmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Alright, thanks for the help starjax. 1 question, are there any Standard PCI cards which are actually worth while anymore?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
pci cards... nope. agp at the very least. if you don't have an agp slot available then the bad news is that you need to upgrade your entire system. This would be so you can go with a dual core processory, ddr2 memory, and pci-x video card.

coxmaster

coxmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Alright, thats what i figured. I guess ill have to settle with what i got. THanks for the help!