Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copmuter Won't boot windows, just continues to restart

• Please log in to reply

themartinacster

themartinacster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello.

I am new at this forum, and I have a huge problem. My computer one day just decided not to boot windows correctly anymore. What happens is I startup my computer, and a message comes up, saying that windows could not startup normally. It gives me a list of choices to bootup in one of the many safe-modes, to startup on the last successful startup (or something like that), or to start windows normally. I have done each and every one of these and nothing works. It gets halfway through startup, I get a blank screen, and it restarts again. I have made no recent hardware/software changes, and really do not wish to format my computer, due to the fact that I have numerous family photos, home videos, etc. However, I do have one working computer. What I was wondering is how can I fix this without formatting my computer? Can I do something along the lines of hooking my "non-working" harddrive to this computer and somehow transfer all the important files that i have over to this one? If not, is there any solution?

themartinacster

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hey themartinacster and welcome to Geeks To Go!

Well let's see, do you tend to have a Windows XP CD on you?

themartinacster

themartinacster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I do not have one on me right now but I can get a hold of one soon.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Alright great.. will be awaiting your response :whistling: