Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Connection Type: Cable

Router: Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS

Wall> Modem> Router> Wireless Laptop and Wired PC.

I went and bought a wireless router for my wifes laptop. I hook it up with the disc and all and the laptop works fine. So I ran a line from the router to my PC using one of the open ports in back of router and the connection is weak. It'll go to internet and everything just not as good as it is straight from the modem. I have read things about firewalls and ports. I wound up looking in the wrong places. Also I loaded the Linksys disc to my PC and it gets to a step where it asks for a wireless adapter card. Then I have to cancel outta there cause well I ain't got one of those. What needs to be done. I guess I could get one of them adapter things or try make the line connection better. All help is much appreciated as always. Been around here a few times and always got great advice so thanks in advance.

OPT

Advertisements

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Check the port speed of your NIC card in your PC.