Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wont load at all - xp

• Please log in to reply

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
The fact that it shows a 2.5G processor instead of a 3.0 means that your using an older bios version. The latest bios version would show 3.0. My guess....if a bios flash doesn't solve this problem....I think it's terminal. But wait for more input from Wannabe....perhaps re-seating the cpu...

Advertisements

pleasehelpmenow

pleasehelpmenow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
i was thinking about that...

my bios version is 2.50

and latest from the website is also 2.50, so i have the latest settings...

this is a very wierd problem, im guessing that non of the tech staff have come accross this before...

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
This is definitely an odd one...

A hang at 39 minutes is almost certainly a hardware hang. Are you using a USB mouse and/or keyboard during the install?

And yes...you should be able to swap the Floppy Drive from machine to machine.

pleasehelpmenow

pleasehelpmenow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
yes its definatly... how do i resit my cpu??

im using a normal mouse and normal keyboard (non usb connected)

i kno that my usbs have had conflicts with windows xp before...

they are SiS ...

but its never caused any problems during a re-install of windows before ( i've wiped my HD and re-installed twice before)

so i dont think it'd be my usb's

any ideas? im really stumped... i need my comp for my job loll.... and im bloody lost without it :whistling:

pleasehelpmenow

pleasehelpmenow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
by the way... i have no idea how to detatch my cpu fan...

its an evercool fan... there are two clips i think... i've squeezed them and tried to move it but that doesnt work,,,, am i missin somethin

edit:

what i dont get is... i only started having the problem after i repaired... i got a blue screen of death... pressed reset.. and it hasnt worked since...

so it has to be memory or processor i think

(ps.. u thik i should try and install vista... and see if its an XP compatability problem?? i doubt it is as XP has run on it for the last 2 years...)

Edited by pleasehelpmenow, 25 April 2007 - 12:02 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
When you "wiped the drive", did you actually remove the partitions from the drive and then format and install to the raw partition?

pleasehelpmenow

pleasehelpmenow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
yea, i deleted the partitions, it asked me whether i was sure etc... then it said unpartitoned space, i pressed c to create one... i think pressed enter to install windows, it then asked me to format it.... so i selected quick format...

now i know ur gonna ask me to select normal format... so i'll go do that now... and report back to

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
:whistling:

pleasehelpmenow

pleasehelpmenow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
u kno wot... it doesnt even let me get that far before giving me blue screen... i select which device to boot up from...

it does all that loading... and at the screen where u can choose to continue, repair or exit... i get blue screen..

this is getting worse... :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
There is a CD Version

To completely erase all data on the drive(s)

Click this to download Boot and Nuke

Click this for a guide to using Boot and Nuke

Use the autonuke option, which could take 8 hours or so to format a 200 GB Hard Drive, then when you run Windows set up, check it is creating a RAW1 partition on C, if the drive letter is different, restart the PC and it should default to C

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I concur...it's time for Boot and Nuke.

Just one other thing...have you tried installing with just one stick (one of the others...not the current one) of RAM installed?

pleasehelpmenow

pleasehelpmenow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
problems have worsesned...

well i tried to do the floppy thing... and both computers will NOT boot up at all now...

im round my dads house now tryin to sort out the problem... from here....

what do i need to do?? i need quick answers :whistling:

both computer will not load when i press the power button, they switch on, no bleep, no bios nothing... the powers on but the monitors stay in standby... what the h-e-l-l is going on... they're just getting worse....

thanks

Edited by pleasehelpmenow, 26 April 2007 - 07:26 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
No boot/no video usually points to the processor or motherboard.

Give us the make and model numbers of both machines so we can narrow our searches a little more.

pleasehelpmenow

pleasehelpmenow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Im not sure about the one... its MSI, not sure about model number... its got 4 ddr ram slots.... and its not very old at all... its a red motherboard... and its got version 1 on it i think.. im not at home now, im at my parents... so its a bit awkward... i just need to know what to do to get them running again.

but my computer, the original one i had the problem with is a ASROCK P4S61, SiS 661 chipset or something....

pleasehelpmenow

pleasehelpmenow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
anyone?? i really need to sort this problem out?? isnt there someone to reset the setting or something so it'll boot up.. i cant see how two motherboards can go as quick as that?????

surely it something else? :whistling: