Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what is smv format and what can i convert to it?

• Please log in to reply

amandaneedshelp

amandaneedshelp

• Pip
  • 5 posts
mp3 player came with a converter but every time i try to convert one of my xvid or divx it says there is no codec please help tips should i return it to wal mart for a better or different mp3 player

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi amandaneedshelp!

Both XVID and DIVX are video formats. What format are you trying to conver them to?

You can download the XVID codec here and the DIVX codec here.

From what I've seen on the net, it looks like SMV is the video format for SNES9.x.

What brand of MP3 Player did you purchase? Are you sure it supports video?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Use this link to read about the conversion of vxid files to mp3 and to download coded. This link for dvix files.

annabea

annabea

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello
for what I've read smv stands for "Streaming Mobile Video File" .
From wikipedia: SMV is a partially compressed video format. SMV allows users to transform common PC video files and watch them on their MP4 players.
SMV is a video format used by SigmaTel or other players based on their chipsets.

There are some free software available to convert common video files to smv, but I dunno if these accept xvid as input...you'll have to try and see...

http://mympxplayer.o...mage-df829.html
http://www.4shared.c..._converter.html

It's a late response but I Hope it helps somebody!

Edited by annabea, 29 December 2009 - 08:49 PM.