Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help1

• Please log in to reply

Elspartan

Elspartan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I just found out that when i run a server on dedicated No, nobody can join it. Well thats wat a friend told me. Now i want to know how to make my own server that people could join.

Help PLZ!

Advertisements

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
umm....
yer i think that they will be able to it's just i always use dedicated but yes i think other people can join
Have fun!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
poeple can join when its not a dedicated but if you want help setting up dedicated read my previous post...

you set dedicated to interent or yes i think if u want to host an online game or local if your hosting a local game

sometimes even if ur hosting a local game you can just leave on it set to internet and it works fine (i always leave on internet)

if u want a server tht changes maps after one another go to http://www.noginn.ts...o.uk/codserver/ and fill it in. then save it and put a copy in the main folder of callofduty e.g should be "C:\Programme Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\Main"

then right clik on the cod multiplayer icon and click propertires then under command line and on +exec dedicated.cfg after the ". make sure you have a space between the " and +exec. then just double clik on the mulitplayer shortcut and it will lauch the game

it should look like this "C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\CoDMP.exe" +exec dedicated1.cfg

relaunch the game
it will go staright in to a game so to get up the console you keep pressing escape until the main menu comes up then go on host server

all ur settings from the config will be there so just clik start but make sure the dedicated is set to internet
hope this helps!!! if not just tell me wots wrong and il sort out!=)

Elspartan

Elspartan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thanks for the server info. but it only works if i set it up as dedicated no, i tried it as internet and console comes up evrytime.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
yes it is ment to go to console. then you go on call of duty and click join game
where it says source internet you click it until it says local and your server should be there for you to join

Elspartan

Elspartan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Now im having problems with punkbuster, evrytime i join it like u said spud, it kicks me out via punkbuster.

Elspartan

Elspartan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
This is exactly wat its says when i get kicked out..... Server Disconnected - [WSN]Killerace has been kicked Via PunkBuster (for 0 Minutes)
...PB GUID AUTH: UNKN

hope this helps u help me out :whistling:

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
ok not sure about this one
does this happen on all servers? if it does it might be a problem with your punkbuster file(s)
im not sure but ive heard abit about it
Under multiplayer options have you got punkbuster:yes ? this might be the problem as some servers recuire you to have punkbuster enbaled
il have a look to see if i can find out wot to do

Elspartan

Elspartan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well i want to thank all the people who have helped me with my problems. And i can join other servers but when i have punkbuster on when im making my server and i join it on local i get kicked out via punkbuster.

Advertisements

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
only when you have it on local?
try it on interent instead and see if you get kicked