Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is Myspace infested with viruses/malware/spyware/trojans?

• Please log in to reply

mediamaverick1

mediamaverick1

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I sometimes visit Myspace and whenever I even view a page it seems my computer slows down or has other minor problems, and no antivirus/spyware programs pick anything up. I have an account but I don't even need to log in. I know I can just not visit but I'm looking to start a local group and this seems like the only way to do so in this particular case. Is there a way to prevent this other than having the best protection software? Has anyone else experienced this? I have a hardware firewall, Norton suite, and Adaware and Spybot S&D and am going to upgrade to better protection. Thanks!

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Let me get this straight, you have no issues viewing other sites, but Myspace gives issues? Just Myspace in general, or some profiles? Chances are, you are downloading a lot of pictures and such, and it's slowing things down. What kind of internet connection are you using?