Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

web site creation

• Please log in to reply

lpchris85

lpchris85

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
my dad is currently trying to build a website for his home business. He is very computer and software illiterate and i would help but I am unsure which hosting domain service would allow the best user friendliness for somebody of his skill level. I feel he made a mistake by jumping into a domain service called, websitepalace.com the service in both his and my oppinion is not user friendly and the amount of control over his creativity is very limited to what can fit into their pre-set templates. does anybody have any sort of recommendation? We would both GREATLY appreciate it. :whistling:

Advertisements

George_XP

George_XP

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, lpchris85! I think that websitepalace.com is not the best choise of cause. But firstly you or your father should recognize what exactly you want from the host? I mean that there are many free but not very good host sites where you can only create static information(html, java script)! And there you cannot put any advertising including business one! So look here (it is free hosting) and here (paid hosting). As for me I still use 110.mb.com. I think it is the best one from the all free hosting! :-) Here you can find Php, mysql and many others! Hope this help!
Good luck!

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
What host to use is most likely the hardest question you will every have when setting up a site. I use a cheep host called hoststock.com and I not had any problems, besides useing a plan that is really to small for my needs but that is my fault :whistling: I don't want to upgrade.

Others that I know people that use are 1and1.com and dreamhost.com

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
I use 1and1.com they have been very good for me and offer some really helpful tools behind the scenes to help the illeterate amoungst us to get a web site!

Glen

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I, as well as many others here have multiple websites hosted with the owner of this website. http://www.gtghosting.com

Better support than any other hosting service I have used. By far.