Command And Conquer Generals zero hour prob everytime i open the game, i get an error...
Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:11 AM
Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:01 AM
[ You have encountered a serious error. Serious errors can be caused by many things inculding viruses, overheated hardware and hardware that does not meet the minimum specifications for the game. Please visit the forums at www.generals.ea.com for suggested courses of action or consult your manual for technical support contact information]
so, any1 got a solution? i know i dont have a virus cause i have updated norton and avg and i scan once a week. i know i have higher than minimum specs cause i can play many other games which require more than this (like world of warcraft) and im pretty sure its not overheated hardware now that i solves my fanny problem (thx geekstogo)
Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:24 AM
The Vista problem seems to occur manually but this is misleading when trying to determine the cause. The real reason for this apparent randomness is if the game was previously installed under XP and the old "Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data" folder is present under Vista. This is also the reason why people say that "It woks on one Vista Machine but not another." It is simply because one of the PC's has there backup files on!
The direct cause of the crash on my system was to do with the presence of a map folder. Removing the folder fixes the issue while restoring it causes a crash again. Surprisingly, the presence of an options.ini or all the others seems to leave Zero Hour fine.
To resolve do these steps...
1- Navigate to your documents folder.
2- Rename the existing "Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data" folder by appending with word old (Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data Old)
4- If you do not wish to loose your old stats like skirmish data etc. simply copy all the .ini files across except options.ini (Options.ini caused no problems on mine but it is easy to change the settings again so may as well play it safe)
5- Enjoy the game.
Jterrington at talktalk dot net
PS. Only tested on 2 systems so cannot be 100% but please let me know if it fixes you so we can advise EA of the fix to post on there site.
Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:15 AM
Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:04 PM
I try to find the Skirmish file from Generals Zero Hour... but i cant..?? is that possible..???
i have windows vista...!!
When i had Windows XP, i could through "Search".... but in Vista, i cant..??
CAN somebody help me..???
THank you in advance..!!!
Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:18 PM
1. Make sure you have the latest DirectX 9.0c installed. If you are not sure, simply download it at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...43...laylang=en
2. Go to your "User" directory (for example C:/Users/YourName)
3. Open the My Documents folder
4. Find and open the folder named "Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data" (or without Zero Hour for normal C&C Generals)
5. Right click, select "new" from the menu that pops up, and finally select "Text Document"
6. Copy the lines below into the new text document. Save the file as options.ini (remember you're changing the extension from .txt to .ini)
AntiAliasing = 4
BuildingOcclusion = yes
CampaignDifficulty = 2
DrawScrollAnchor = yes
DynamicLOD = no
ExtraAnimations = yes
GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0
Gamma = 50
HeatEffects = yes
IPAddress = 0.0.0.0
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
LanguageFilter = false
MaxParticleCount = 5000
MusicVolume = 50
Resolution = 800 600
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 72
SFXVolume = 64
ScrollFactor = 100
SendDelay = no
ShowSof****erEdge = yes
ShowSoftWaterEdge = yes
ShowTrees = yes
StaticGameLOD = Custom
TextureReduction = 0
UseAlternateMouse = yes
UseCloudMap = yes
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
UseLightMap = yes
UseShadowDecals = yes
UseShadowVolumes = yes
VoiceVolume = 78
7. You may have to change the line, "Resolution = 800 600" to your computer's resolution. However, regardless of your true resolution, do not change this unless you need to later. It will be set to the appropriate setting once you choose the option in-game
8. Right Click on your Generals / Zero Hour shortcut or game exe file.
9. In the Compatibility Tab select Windows XP SP3 and click "Run as administrator" option too (if you are not already an admin)
10. Click Okay and run the game.
If the game starts but becomes minimized immediately then you will want to edit the resolution line in your options.ini file. Play with a few resolutions, I've found that 1440 900 is a good one to start it with on widescreen monitors. 800 600 is good for normal aspect ratios. The game will set these to more appropriate values once you change your settings in-game.
Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:13 PM
Command and Conquer incone Zero hour.
Windows XP (Service Pack 3) of the OK and enter the game as Administrator.
Pronto e so jogar.
Brasil e noixxx