Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media player 11 stuttering and drop outs ?

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all,
My mum has recently bought a new pc from Dell with vista already installed and whilst visiting her last week, i got a pretty good eyeful of vita and was quite impressed. The service off dell was dreadfull though,, faulty moniter, only half a gig of ram installed when it should have been 2 gig,,,,,,anyhows,, i got it all sorted and its been running fine ever since,, my mum is delighted. !!!

BUT !
She rang last night to say that all her music files are stuttering and having dropouts when played with media player 11.
At my request, she burnt onto cd, a music file that was known to have dropouts. When she played the cd in a seperate cd player,, it played flawlessly, leading me to presume that the media player is the culprit.

I suggested that she should un- install media player 11, and then download it again from microsoft, and hopefully all would be wel again.
However,,, she cant locate the media player 11 in the " change a program " part of vista.
Not being too familiar with vist, and not knowing how to proceed i have 2 questions <<<

1/ where do i go within vista to delete the media player ????

2/ when i am ready to re install media player, do i need to find a specific version designed for vista or is the good old wmp 11 for xp the same software and compatible ???

Sorry for the long winded story, but am completly lost with vista,,, although i may very soon invest in it myself,, impressive indeed !!!

Many thanks,,, kev.

Advertisements