Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Router connections with xbox live

• Please log in to reply

Josh216

Josh216

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I Just bought a router so i can share my internet access with my xbox for xbox live. I connected everything right. When i went to the wizard setup, i followed the instructions. i came across an instruction that said that for me to make sure that i can access the internet. I was able to access the internet but wasn't able to access it for xbox live. :tazz:

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
What internet service provider are you with and what router have u got? Some ISPs dont support xbox live some dont support wireless xbox live (AOL). Some routers arnt compatiable with xbox live. What device are you plugging into the back of the xbox to recive the wireless signal? If i have answers to these questions then i can start to help.

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Soz are you wired or wireless and if you are wired are you using an ethernet or cross-over cable?

Ade666

Ade666

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I Just bought a router so i can share my internet access with my xbox for xbox live.  I connected everything right.  When i went to the wizard setup, i followed the instructions. i came across an instruction that said that for me to make sure that i can access the internet.  I was able to access the internet but wasn't able to access it for xbox live.    :tazz:

Any suggestions?

View Post

iv got a similar problem. iv have connected everything right except that i can't connect my modem to my router??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a BT Voyanger 105 modem