Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pls Help with ie7, content doesn't load.

• Please log in to reply

clare069

clare069

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Please can somebody help with my ie7, this is driving me crazy. I have used ie7 before and everything worked perfectly. since having to restore my whole system ie7 just doesn't work. images & text boxes are missing from most sites. Microsoft publisher sites won't load a single thing. I've tried all the obvious, ie multimedia options, clearing the cache etc. I've found loads of entries on google of people with similar problems but no-one reports a solution. A lot of sites just give basic instructions on removing the update but I WILL NOT BE BEATEN.

Edited by Fenor, 20 May 2007 - 09:46 AM.

Advertisements

clare069

clare069

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Also, While I'm begging for help, How do I fix my topics title? Why in outlook express does my smtp server switch to an ip address everytime I restart? and is it possible to slaughter office outlook and remove it from existance?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some anti-virus solutions interfere with Internet Explorer 7. Since you've "restored [your] whole system", its possible that you had a 90 day trial of some anti-virus software that came with the system originally and this is interfering with Internet Explorer 7.

As to the other post - topic - contact a mod. SMTP Server - this can be caused by Norton Antivirus. Outlook - Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs, should be in there to get shot of it.

clare069

clare069

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
There was a trial installation of Norton 2004 included in my windows disks that is'nt installed but a shortcut to the setup.exe file is place in the start menu. I've deleted all traces of it, as I always do when I break my computer and have to restore it. I currently have a full version of Mcafee 2007 installed, which has slowed down startup dramatically, but otherwise seem's to be OK.

clare069

clare069

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
OK, so it beat me, I've uninstalled it any my ie6 works perfectly.