Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware Problems

• Please log in to reply

ernso705

ernso705

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have a problem, recently my computer have not been able to read from any USB ports. I've repeatedly tried to disconnect, and re-connect the USB ports, but nothing works. I've even tried re-installing XP, still nothing. I hope I don't have to buy a new board, if I do the whole crappy (custom made) computer is going out. Anyone have any ideas what my be the problem? Talk to me peoples. Later.

Advertisements

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
go into bios by pressing delete when u first turn on the system then "load optimized defaults" if still to no avail then id reccomend u flash the bios, all i can suggest at this early stage hope this helps.

azreal

azreal

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
i agree with the one, flahsing the BIOS should help you, and if it still dont work. maybe sheck the voltags but that might be a bit risky f you dont know what your doing.

Also you could do an eye inspection of yor mobo, if you look at your transisters, and see the the top aluminum part of them it in a type of dome shape that means that they are read to give and it probably if a problem with your mobo.

thats all i can think of for now, Good luck, and hpe things work out for you.

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
It may sound like it's not connected- But Do you have a Lexmark Printer?

Remailer

Remailer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
you could try to reset the BIOS by opening the computer and pulling the little watch battery and unpluging the computer then put the battery in and plug in and try it.