Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Printing in Vista

• Please log in to reply

G_man_radio_netwerk

G_man_radio_netwerk

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok, so i just recently bought vista and have been running it for a few weeks now. However, when i try to print out of word or anywhere, it goes to the printer screen (our printer is on another computer on the network) and click find printers and it gives me the error "The active directory domain services is currently unavailable"

When i view the computer on the network though, I can see the printer, but can't connect to it.

Vista [Home Premium] is fully updated
The printer is an HP6210 allinone
The computer attached to printer is running XP
I used to connect just fine to printer with XP

thanks in advance to any suggestions and help.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Click on Control Panel, then Printers. What does it show as the default printer? (It should have a green check mark next to it)

G_man_radio_netwerk

G_man_radio_netwerk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok... its microsoft xps document writer....

i tried adding printer through control panel, and my computer sees it, but says access is denied, but the printer is shared because i was previously connected to it with xp, and my roomate is also connected to it. no idea of why vista can't connect, unless it needs vista network drivers to share to vista, but then its on an xp machine which wouldn't need vista drivers.

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Does the HP6210 allinone icon show up under printers?

G_man_radio_netwerk

G_man_radio_netwerk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

i tried adding printer through control panel, and my computer sees it, but says access is denied, but the printer is shared because i was previously connected to it with xp, and my roomate is also connected to it. no idea of why vista can't connect, unless it needs vista network drivers to share to vista, but then its on an xp machine which wouldn't need vista drivers.

the printer i tried connecting to is/was the 6210 which my computer can see but can't access

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
See if this solution works for you.....

http://www.geekstogo...ta-t156394.html