Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recurring web pages pop-up - jkkhhii.dll issues

• Please log in to reply

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Also, try visiting the site in firefox as well and see if that helps. Also, update to IE7. That may be the problem as well.

Advertisements

cvc505

cvc505

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm at work right now so I will have to wait to try it this evening.

Thanks so much for all your help, I really appreciate it.

cvc505

cvc505

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
As I try to test these fixes, the system seems to show signs og other problems;
I installed firefox but when I try to view certain file I am prompted for additional plugins, most natable adobe flash. I down load and try to do a manual install if the flash plugin but each time I do I get an error that says npswf32.dll unable to open for writing, If I ignore the error, I get an error that says npswf32_flashutil.exe unable to open for writing.

In addition, When I try to open the control panel to check the system parameters, I get a system not respondiung error. and I am unable to install the IE7 update. no definite error indication here. seems my only recourse is to strip the hard drive and start over.

Any suggestions?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Sounds like you have a great number of problems. We never recommend you start over but it appears that your problems are far-reaching. We can tweak and tweak and tweak. Sometihng may have been deleted a long time ago that is just rearing it's ugly head.

Look HERE

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Sounds like you have a great number of problems. We never recommend you start over but it appears that your problems are far-reaching. We can tweak and tweak and tweak. Sometihng may have been deleted a long time ago that is just rearing it's ugly head.

Look HERE

cvc505

cvc505

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for all your help. I finally just gave up and wiped the drive cleanand started over. Please close this topic.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I really think that was a good move. Sometimes that's the only option. Sorry about that. LMK if there is anything else in which I can help you with.