Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

launching game from network cd drive

• Please log in to reply

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
my cd drive on my laptop is burgered so i shared my desktop's laptop's cd drive on the network. i installed the game fine from using the desktop cd drive over the network but when it comes to launching it thts a different problem. it comes up with insert the correct cd. the disc is in the network drive but it keeps trying to launch it from the broken one on the laptop. i have disbaled the broken cd drive and reinstalled bt still wont run
any one no what to do?
is it a line the games files tht says to launch from a certain cd drive? if it is how can i change

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some games will install from any location you care to mention, but won't actually run without the original CD in the local machine regardless of where you installed it from. This is usually by design.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
k i thought so i was just chekin
thnks
SpuD