Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to log into websites in Internet Explorer and AOL

• Please log in to reply

jc29ems

jc29ems

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello All,
I have noticed I have been having some problems with a computer for the past few days. I cannot log into AIM also my Systantec Antivirus and Norton Personal Firewall are not showing up in the task window on my toolbar. I am also unable to perform a system restore and some websites I cannot visit, I get an unable to connect to that site window. They websites I am unable to view in Internet Explorer and AOL are ones that require logins. I can get to aol.com but when i click on mail I get the unable to connect window. Also with ebay, when i go to login i get the window unable t conntact. When I try to go a Windows Update, after i click on express and it attempts to check my computer for the latest updates i get: [Error number: 0x80072EFD]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view.

When I looked in my history it used to show 88.80.5.21 and I have not visited that site. I have since got that stopped by following steps on symantecs website for removing what they called trojan.zonebac.
I've tried running Adware, Spybot, and I've update my Spyware Blaster. Also, Symantec Antivirus could not find anything on a scan. I also tried running it in Safe Mode. Symantec's website defines this as Trojan.Zonebac, I did what Symantec suggested to remove with no results. Nothing was changed in the registry like they suggested.

HELP!!

Advertisements