Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem booting windows

• Please log in to reply

jerkyjim

jerkyjim

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
hi, had a problem with my hard drive, i stopped using it a while ago when i couldnt get windows to start up, now im going to try an use it agian but the problem still exists, the problem is when is switch the computer on it gets to the stage were its about to boot windows up but just restarts, every single time it does it without failure its getting quite annoying, it cant be a problem with my pc as i run XP off a different hard drive and the problem hard drive does this boot problem on my previous pc. im sure windows is still ok on the drive as i can press F8 and get the option to start in safe mode, yet i still get the problem of it restarting. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Edited by jerkyjim, 25 April 2007 - 01:49 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Are you getting any blue screens?

jerkyjim

jerkyjim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
no, no blue screens, i beleive the blue screen error is an error with windows yet my error happens before windows actually starts, thanks

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
So what you are saying is that you took the hard drive from one computer and put it into another and are having a reboot issue? Just trying to make sure I am understanding you correctly before proceeding. :whistling:

Fenor

jerkyjim

jerkyjim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
no, it was in my previous pc the problem started while it was in that pc but i left it for a while now i kind of need the memory but its doing the same on my current pc, thanks