Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Parental Controls blocking internet on standard profile

• Please log in to reply

holllz

holllz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey- i am new to Vista (bring back XP)...*whimper*

So when i first created the admin account, i assigned it to myself, and a standard user for my partner. Since setting up a guest account i have been having the following problem:

The guest account wont let me use the internet- it says that windows parental controls wont allow it to open explorer on line= not its exact words. The weird thing is when i tired, as the administrator to access parental controls to disable this, somehow, it said youc ant use parental controls on the guest user!!!!! What!!!

Welll im confused. Is there any way of letting the ol guest on itnernet, and get rid of these pesky parental controls?

Any help would be geekin' brilliant!!!! OBviously i dont use the guest account, but if i wanted to, you know , it would be nice,

Cheers,

holllz

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Are you serious?

What is the exact message you get?

Edited by jwinathome, 25 April 2007 - 02:22 PM.

holllz

holllz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Very serious- cant remember the message- is it something you can help with?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Guest accounts are probably the most useless part of Windows Vista. You are better off making a new User Account, calling it something like Visitors, and making it a Standard Account. Standard Users are able to use all the programs on the computer and change settings that only pertain to that account. They cannot change settings pertaining to other user accounts or system settings. It will be a lot less of a headache to just go about it that way.

Fenor