Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell Wireless 1350 WLAN Monitor startup problems?

• Please log in to reply

Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Lately when Windows loads on my laptop, it takes several minutes for WLTRYSVC.EXE & BCMWLTRY.EXE to load. They used to load up instantly, but now I have to wait several minutes to use any networking or internet programs until they load. From what I can tell, WLTRYSVC.EXE invokes BCMWLTRY.EXE (looking at Process Explorer). The programs seem to load up with everything else, but I can't tell what the problem is...I thought it was the driver, but I've reinstalled that and no difference. Any suggestions or answers would be lauded and appreciated.

Thanks!

Dell Latitude D600
Pentium M 1.60 GHz
512MB RAM
Windows XP SP2 (up to date)

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Have you recently made any software changes....i.e. new anti-virus?

Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I haven't made any major changes. I like to check out new software here and there, but I haven't installed anything that changes startup features or system-wide settings.

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Can you remove the device from device manager and reinstall it?

(Make sure you have appropriate drivers handy before doing so.)