Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer shuts off when i run a game, or download

• Please log in to reply

sammeier

sammeier

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, it started today and it has been giving me a great deal of trouble.
My computer is just shutting off randomly. Like when my brother is playing
a game on the computer, it just shuts off the computer after about 10 minutes.
Now I was just recently downloading something onto my computer (from a disk), it just shuts off in the middle of the download. I tried finding the problem, like if it was a power save feature, but i couldn't find anything that resulting in the computer shutting off.

It can't be the heat and the fan, because it only happens when a game is on (or downloading from cd)

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Sammier
Welcome To Geeks To Go what are your Specs for your computer and what does the game need to run as it sounds like your Computer can't handle the Game it is probably hogging to many of the Resources Please give some more details about your Problem and post back and let me Know. Good Luck

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

sammeier

sammeier

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
couldn't it also be a bad drive because its all games

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi sammeier
Yes it could be a Bad Drive or Bad Sectors in the Drive have you Defraged the Drive as in it being Cleaned up Explain exactly what the Problem is Because Gaming issues would be better off in the Games Forum but it also could be Something over heating is there any Errors on Screen what Happens just before the Computer Turns off Let me Know.

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink: