Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem Opening Network Drive

• Please log in to reply

-=Andrew=-

-=Andrew=-

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Whenever I open a network drive (for example : Z:\), the "Open with..." windows always pop up. I've tried other computer, some doesn't have the same problem as mine.
What's the solution ?

Advertisements

zirvo

zirvo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
is this a wired or wireless networking?

-=Andrew=-

-=Andrew=-

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

is this a wired or wireless networking?

Wired

zirvo

zirvo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
try to reconfigure the network or repair IP and try accessing that drive again.

-=Andrew=-

-=Andrew=-

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

try to reconfigure the network or repair IP and try accessing that drive again.

Tried and tested. Still won't work.

zirvo

zirvo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
how bout this, when the "open with" window pops up, open it with "windows explorer" if it worked open the drive again and if the "open with" window pops up, select windows explorer and check the box "always use this selection" (something similar to that phrase) so it wont pop up again.

Edited by zirvo, 27 April 2007 - 07:39 AM.

-=Andrew=-

-=Andrew=-

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

how bout this, when the "open with" window pops up, open it with "windows explorer" if it worked open the drive again and if the "open with" window pops up, select windows explorer and check the box "always use this selection" (something similar to that phrase) so it wont pop up again.

It doesn't allow me to tick on the "Always Use This Selection". It's grey in color.