Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista problems during disk cleanup

• Please log in to reply

bullfrog54

bullfrog54

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was preforming a disk cleanup when I noticed my desktop icons disappearing. The computer then shutdown. when i restarted it, it would not boot up. I was told to shutdown and then unplug the power cord. Then press the start button for 5 secs. then plug the power back in and restart and press f8 to get to safemode. I did this but instead of safe mode it booted up all the way. Only problem is , that alot of my programs are missing parts and all of my pictures and songs seem to have disappeared. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Where were the music and programs located on your system? What file?

bullfrog54

bullfrog54

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had alot of pictures, they were located in the windows picture file, also in my dvd slideshow file , and 1 of the camera programs. I have all of the pictures and videos saved on dvds and cds. Just seems like there is a fix for the programs that will not run. som e of the programs are windows programs, not just add ons.

bullfrog54

bullfrog54

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The songs may have been in a file on the desktop..not sure right now.