Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant send email at all

• Please log in to reply

smalls101

smalls101

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I absolutely cannot get my computer to send emails. I normally use Thunderbird and im not sure when it stopped sending since i dont usually send much. It says that the message sent but I've tried sending to several people and it never works. I also used outlook and had the same problem. It connects and sends but doesn't arrive. I am able to send them from logging on to the comcast server and sending them from there. I have tried disabling McAfee's email protection but that doesnt help. Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisements

Schnick1

Schnick1

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
My guess would be that your outgoing server (SMTP) isn't setup correctly.

Look in tools>account settings>server settings SMTP. For Comcast it should read smtp.comcast.net

THIS is a step by step guide for verifying your settings in Thunderbird for use with Comcast. :whistling:

smalls101

smalls101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Well I looked at that guide and thats exactly how its set up. Nothing wrong with the SMTP server. Still dont have any idea whats going on

smalls101

smalls101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
okay well I got it on my own. turns out it was an old instance of windows defender that got corrupted and quit showing up as a process even though it was running.