Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CNC 3 Direct x trouble

• Please log in to reply

guruwannabe

guruwannabe

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I got the game and it loaded fine but when it trys to load the new direct x which it needs it says it has not passed windows logo testing. I made sure that windows was set to accept all programs etc in the driver signing spot. Please help as i would like to play this game

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi,

What are the specs of your PC?
If you don't know then please download and run SysSpec. Run the file > click on the system button > click edit > click copy to clipboard and then paste it with your reply.

Aren't you able to just click continue installation or ok when installing DirectX?
Is Cryptographic Services disabled in Windows services?

guruwannabe

guruwannabe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
yes in the past i have always just been able to say continue with the installation anyway, but it is not giving me that option it is just stoping. I'm not sure where to look to see if cryptographic services are disabled or windows services...not something i have heard of. here are the specs and thanks in advance for trying to help

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
Memory (RAM): 1023 MB
CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
CPU Speed: 2991.9 MHz
Sound card: SB Audigy Audio [CF00]
Display Adapters: RADEON 9800 XT | RADEON 9800 XT - Secondary | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 - 32 bit
:
Network Adapters: Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E | E: HL-DT-STCD-RW GCE-8483B
:
COM Ports: COM3 | COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 111.7GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 48.2GB
USB Controllers: 5 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): 1 host controllers.
:
Manufacturer:
Product Make:
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 011504 DELL 7
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard:
Modem: Conexant SmartHSFi V.9x 56K DF PCI Modem

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Goto start > control panel > administrative tools > services, there you should find cryptographic services. Does this say disabled or automatic?

I've noticed you're only running service pack 1, I would recommend installing service pack 2.

Have you updated your drivers from the ATI website?
Havey ou tried reinstalling DirectX?

guruwannabe

guruwannabe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
yes the cryptographic services says automatic ans started. Reinstalling direct x, that is esentially what the game is trying to do, install a newer version. I'm afraid to wipe it and try reinstalling for fear of the same thing happening. Have not updated drivers but I think I could manage that. Service pack 2 should not affect this should it as it has always worked before with service pack1

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Service pack 2 is a major update for XP and should be installed for the security updates it does alone.

guruwannabe

guruwannabe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok i tried doing what you said but my computer wont update. I have tried numerous times and it keeps saying the update failed and gives no reason.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Did you update your drivers?

guruwannabe

guruwannabe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
yes i update the drivers still doesn't work

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Does it give any error or warning messages in the system/application logs around the time of installing SP2?