Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Comodo Firewall

• Please log in to reply

Milopar

Milopar

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Have something weird.. Just uninstalled Comodo Firewall and restarted as suggested. Expecting the Windows Security Center to tell me I have no Firewall protection, I was surprised when it did not. Looking into it, I was even more surprised when it told me that Comodo Firewall was on?

Any thoughts or help is appreciated

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Milopar
Did you uninstall from Add and Remove To Remove this from your System to will have to use your search and include hidden and system files have you got anything in application data Please be careful and Don't Remove any Folders or Files that your unsure of Please post back and let me know.

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

Milopar

Milopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Cheyenne,

I used the uninstaller from the Comodo. As for a file search, I am surprised at all the locations this is located in.
  • Unused Desktops Icon
  • Documents and Settings Folder under Application Data
  • Boot.ini file on the C: drive
Any suggestions or should I delete them one by one?

Thanks

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Milopar
Do you Know how to set a System Restore Point on your Computer as i think that would be a good idea before you Remove any Files or Folders.

Milopar

Milopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Cheyenne,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I do know how to set a Restore Point. I will do so immediately or when I get home from work.

:whistling:

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Milopar
OK let me know when your ready.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Milopar
You Delete the one in this Application Data but Not Touch this one Boot.ini file on the C: drive you can Also Clear the Prefetch Folder and you can Download This Tune Up and then run disc clean up and registry clean up. Let me know how you get on later.

Link Tune Up
http://www.tune-up.com/

Milopar

Milopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Cheyenne...you will love this one......I went to create restore point before going to work and..........I can't access system restore. I have to reinstall it. About a month ago I installed a new HD and that may have something to do with it.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Milopar
Ok don't worry about that just Now did you Notice if it had any Restore Points Highlighted when you were in there. try doing what i Suggested in the above Post and let me now how you get on.Good Luck :help:

Edited by cheyenne 09, 27 April 2007 - 06:47 AM.

Milopar

Milopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Cheyenne...I am at a loss. I have done what you suggesting in terms of deleting the Comodo folders from the Applications area and then downloaded TuneUp to no avail. Comodo still shows as the Firewall running in the Windows Security Center.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you edited the registry before

Milopar

Milopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Unfortunately no but I am willing to try....with guidance of course.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type regedit then press enter to open the registry editor

Click file, click export, the dot needs to be in " all " for export range, shown at the bottom

Save the file to a safe location

Click the + next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER then click the + next to software, look for Comodo, if you see anything, left click it, press the delete key, confirm

Click the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then click the + next to software, look for Comodo, if you see anything, left click it, press the delete key, confirm

Close the registry editor

Milopar

Milopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
No dice

Removed it as suggested and even rebooted. When going into the Security Center it said it detected more than one Firewall running. I was hopeful because it didn't specifically say Comodo. But after going into Windows Firewall, Comodo came back.

Thanks for help so far

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
So if you use search to look for Comodo, including hidden and system files, the only place is boot.ini ?